Allows for the use of the image/s (Item) for limited commercial purposes. For example:
- Book Covers
- Canvas Prints
- CD covers
- Selling Poster Prints, etc.
The image/s can be sold as a hard copy product, at any price, an unlimited number of times and on multiple products. It is not permitted however, to sell or distribute the digital file of the image/s, or websites that use the image. The images can be edited, cropped, and have graphics/text added to them. Non distribution includes uploading the original file to Social Media where others can freely download it and allowing it to be downloaded or saved from blogs or websites.
License Term Definitions
Distribute– Sell, lease, or assign an image for ultimate transfer to consumers.
End Product– An End Product is a work created using skill and effort, and that incorporates the Item as well as other things, so that it is larger in scope and different in nature than the Item.
Item– The item is what you purchase from Southern Cross Web Design.
License Holder– The person who has purchased or for whom the Item/s have been purchased.
Original State– The way the Item appeared immediately upon downloading or receiving it from Southern Cross Web Design.
- The Southern Cross Web Design Commercial License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, exclusive, worldwide License to make use of the digital image (Item) you have selected.
- You are licensed to use the Item to create End Products for yourself or for one client. You can create more than one different End Product. For all uses (except websites), there is a total limit of 250,000 copies across all products.
- You can modify or manipulate the Item. You can combine the Item with other works and make a derivative work from it. The resulting works are subject to the terms of this license.
- You are not permitted to create a Website as an End Product with Southern Cross Web Design Images, and then sell it to more than one purchaser. You may purchase the Item/s on behalf of a customer and transfer the License/s to the customer for use on a single Website.
- You cannot sell or Distribute the Item. You or the License Holder must secure any Items in their Original State on blogs or websites, so people cannot save or download them.
- You can only use the Item for lawful purposes. Also, if an Item contains an image of a person, even if the Item is model-released you can’t use it in a way that creates a fake identity, implies personal endorsement of a product by the person, or in a way that is defamatory, obscene or demeaning, or in connection with sensitive subjects.
- This License applies in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions for your use of Southern Cross Web Design. If there is an inconsistency between this License and the Terms and Conditions, this License will apply to the extent necessary to resolve the inconsistency.
- You cannot get a refund once you have downloaded/received the Item.
- This License can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop making copies of or distributing the End Product until you remove the Item from it.
- Southern Cross Web Design retains ownership of the Item but grants you the License on these terms.